This discussion is locked.
You cannot post a reply to this discussion. If you have a question start a new discussion

Introductions

Let us know who you are, what you do and what you are looking for from the community.

I'll start by introducing myself.  I am, Joanne Longton, a community manager in the Communities team of the IET.   This is a new community for me to take on and develop so I'd really love to hear your thoughts.
Parents
  • Hi I'm Philip Oakley, I worked in Defence Electro Optics (EO) on the design of various infra red, lasers, and optical equipments, and have a large interest in dimensional analysis because of the potential for analysis error in EO systems because of the limitations of the ISO System of Quantities (ISQ).

I've recently retired so I'm looking to extend my activities in the area of dimensional analysis in metrology, especially now that more modern computer algebra systems happily handle Units conversion and Dimension checking, but still can't resolve Torque from Work, or Hertz from Becquerel, or will happily add Mach numbers to interest rates. Not the best of engineering experiences.

Are their any events or meeting in the near future?
  • Hi I'm Philip Oakley, I worked in Defence Electro Optics (EO) on the design of various infra red, lasers, and optical equipments, and have a large interest in dimensional analysis because of the potential for analysis error in EO systems because of the limitations of the ISO System of Quantities (ISQ).

I've recently retired so I'm looking to extend my activities in the area of dimensional analysis in metrology, especially now that more modern computer algebra systems happily handle Units conversion and Dimension checking, but still can't resolve Torque from Work, or Hertz from Becquerel, or will happily add Mach numbers to interest rates. Not the best of engineering experiences.

Are their any events or meeting in the near future?
Children
No Data