This discussion is locked.
You cannot post a reply to this discussion. If you have a question start a new discussion

Volunteers For a Fun Maths Evening with Pupils and Parents of Queen Margaret Academy Ayr

I am tentatively investigating running a Fun Maths Road Show with S4, 5 & 6 at Queen Margaret Academy in Ayr on one evening in December.  The school will also ask parents to come along.  The format would be that each volunteer talk about their career or studies for a short while, then mix with the attending parents and pupils helping solve maths based puzzles and responding to questions as necessary.  Hopefully it will be more of a social event than a formal eventing.  I am hoping also that the school will provide some festive light bites and perhaps even some music to lighten the mood.  Anyone interested in attending or wishing to give advice please let me know and we may be able to take the arrangements further.
  • This is a great idea, I am very much interested in attending this event, it will really be very educative.

I would love to as well participate in the FUN MATHS EVENING.

Thanks.
  • Unfortunately the school is not able to host this twilight event in December this year but hopes to host in first quarter 2019.  Many thanks to those who showed interest in volunteering to help and talk about careers.  Perhaps you would look forward to volunteering for the 2019 event.  When it becomes more of a reality I will post again here and look forward to hearing from you again.
  • Please see "Sums. They're Math Magic" at www.schoolsliaisoncommunity.net Maths