This discussion is locked.
You cannot post a reply to this discussion. If you have a question start a new discussion

Man up and take your paternity leave

Former Community Member
Former Community Member
Take a look at this interesting blog  By Abbie Hutty, Senior Spacecraft Structures Engineer, Airbus Defence and Space Ltd and IET Young Woman Engineer of the Year 2013

''Ever wished you could, through some noble act of gallantry, save damsels in distress? Here’s how, 21st Century style'' - Abbie Hutty

Parents
  • From paternity to pawternity... Just seen this in the news today: A company has announced employees can take a week off when they get a new puppy or rescue dog: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-39579540

The company (Brewdog) has apparently always been dog-friendly, and allows employees to take their pets to work with them. I hope that this rule applies to the office staff and not to those who are making the beer - I for one don't fancy finding dog hair (or worse!) at the bottom of a bottle of beer! I am so curious to know whether workers can take their children in with them too, or if it is just dog-owners who benefit...

Would also be curious to know what the take-up rate of enhanced paternity leave is in relation to those taking "pawternity" leave!
  • From paternity to pawternity... Just seen this in the news today: A company has announced employees can take a week off when they get a new puppy or rescue dog: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-39579540

The company (Brewdog) has apparently always been dog-friendly, and allows employees to take their pets to work with them. I hope that this rule applies to the office staff and not to those who are making the beer - I for one don't fancy finding dog hair (or worse!) at the bottom of a bottle of beer! I am so curious to know whether workers can take their children in with them too, or if it is just dog-owners who benefit...

Would also be curious to know what the take-up rate of enhanced paternity leave is in relation to those taking "pawternity" leave!
Children
No Data