This discussion is locked.
You cannot post a reply to this discussion. If you have a question start a new discussion

Hello and introductions

Welcome to the Nuclear Engineering (NE) network discussion page.

I have created this thread to give you a place to introduce yourself to the network.

Here are a few suggestions:
  • Name:

• Career/ background:

• What interests you about NE?

• Any topics you would like us to explore?

Parents
  • Dear Andrea
    Thank you for refreshing this forum.

I am hoping that 2019 will see this embryonic TPN gain momentum - dare I say, achieve critical mass - having started the idea some 4 years ago.

My name is Barry Brooks.

I was a nuclear engineer in submarines in the Royal Navy and, although I moved onto other sorts of enigneering, have retained an interest in seeing the civil nuclear sector grow in the UK. I see that the IET, with our very broad interests across all engineering sectors, as the ideal forum to bring together engineers who already work in, or could be attracted to work in, the nuclear sector. In additon, there are opportunites for the nuclear sector to learn how other sectors tackle common issues (eg approaches to designing and assuring: high-integrity safety critical software; control systems; long-life equipments in inaccessible or inhospitable envirornments; and risk management).

With uncertainty in the UK's civil nuclear programme at the moment, the IET can bring together informed debate to assist decision-makers in determining the optimum solution for the benefit of society.
  • Dear Andrea
    Thank you for refreshing this forum.

I am hoping that 2019 will see this embryonic TPN gain momentum - dare I say, achieve critical mass - having started the idea some 4 years ago.

My name is Barry Brooks.

I was a nuclear engineer in submarines in the Royal Navy and, although I moved onto other sorts of enigneering, have retained an interest in seeing the civil nuclear sector grow in the UK. I see that the IET, with our very broad interests across all engineering sectors, as the ideal forum to bring together engineers who already work in, or could be attracted to work in, the nuclear sector. In additon, there are opportunites for the nuclear sector to learn how other sectors tackle common issues (eg approaches to designing and assuring: high-integrity safety critical software; control systems; long-life equipments in inaccessible or inhospitable envirornments; and risk management).

With uncertainty in the UK's civil nuclear programme at the moment, the IET can bring together informed debate to assist decision-makers in determining the optimum solution for the benefit of society.
Children
No Data