This discussion is locked.
You cannot post a reply to this discussion. If you have a question start a new discussion

Share Your Goals - Write It Down - Make It Happen

In this blog, I write about how writing your goals down means that you're more likely to achieve them.

You can easily record these in your own personal records in Career Manager, but if you keep them to yourself you might just as easily let deadlines slide or find excuses not to get things done.  We all know that things get in the way, which means we put things like career goals in last place behind the simpler things in life like the day to day tasks of 'getting the job done' - this isn't a bad thing necessarily because we are accountable to our employers, clients and customers for these tasks whereas with career goals you are only accountable to yourself.  The question is - who is more important in the longer term in terms in your career and life goals?

If you want to have a higher level of accountability with your career goals, then as well as writing them down you can share them.  Like choosing to run a marathon, plan a once in a lifetime trip or writing a novel you can find a group of people to share those ideas with.

-  If you want to run a marathon, you may join a running club or ask a friend to train with you.

-  If you are planning a trip you'll ask others for ideas, read tripadvisor (or similar) reviews or lonely planet guides.  You'll ask friends where they went, or what they might recommend.

- If you're planning to write a novel you might join a writers circle or participate in National Novel Writing Month (NaNoWriMo)

So, this is your group to start sharing your goals - or if you want to keep track of your ideas then start your own discussion topic and keep it updated.  This community has over 1400 members who can keep you on track and give you the same thoughts and ideas and most importantly motivation to meet your goals.
Parents
  • That's excellent news, Paul.

I did a presentation to a really enthuasiastic group of Power Academy students a few weeks ago, so I'm on my way with my goal and I have two more training sessions booked in later this month.  I'm also going to start a small project looking at whether or not we can use Skype for training, so that should keep me busy.

I find writing goals down has worked for me too.  I'm hoping this will be the start of something wider for the communities platform.

Maurice - I would love to see photos of your model railway when it's done - I love seeing model train set ups that people have developed :)

• That's excellent news, Paul.

I did a presentation to a really enthuasiastic group of Power Academy students a few weeks ago, so I'm on my way with my goal and I have two more training sessions booked in later this month.  I'm also going to start a small project looking at whether or not we can use Skype for training, so that should keep me busy.

I find writing goals down has worked for me too.  I'm hoping this will be the start of something wider for the communities platform.

Maurice - I would love to see photos of your model railway when it's done - I love seeing model train set ups that people have developed :)

Children
No Data