This discussion is locked.
You cannot post a reply to this discussion. If you have a question start a new discussion

In Space no one can hear you Scream!

One of our Network volunteers has tweeted this link to a great podcast which is all about Sound in Space by Twenty Thousand Hertz, which is why I couldn't resist using the byline from the Alien film as the subject matter!

One of my prized possessions is a sound mirror recording on paper backed magnetic tape of Sputnik passing overhead.  I just wondered if any of our community members have any interesting sound recordings related to space?
Parents
  • Thanks Lisa, I agree it certainly builds up the momentum. I wish I'd watched this trailer before I went to see the film, as I think I might have had second thoughts!  I only ever watched the first film and that was enough for me, although I was tempted to go and see Prometheus, but chickened out.  I prefer my sci-fi along the lines of the Space Odyssey series and Instellar.  I wish someone would produce a 'Space Odyssey 3001' in film, I'd love to see that one done to accompany the two books that have been filmed so far.
  • Thanks Lisa, I agree it certainly builds up the momentum. I wish I'd watched this trailer before I went to see the film, as I think I might have had second thoughts!  I only ever watched the first film and that was enough for me, although I was tempted to go and see Prometheus, but chickened out.  I prefer my sci-fi along the lines of the Space Odyssey series and Instellar.  I wish someone would produce a 'Space Odyssey 3001' in film, I'd love to see that one done to accompany the two books that have been filmed so far.
Children
No Data