This discussion is locked.
You cannot post a reply to this discussion. If you have a question start a new discussion

Re. "Volunteer Induction - What An Enjoyable Way To Spend A Friday …" blog post

Did we miss an invitation to this?
Parents
  • I don't recall whether I received a welcome email; how does the IET know when a new "volunteer" is born? Are you aware of the volunteers in my local network?

In some ways it would be good if we had a process for identifying and training new volunteers, but on the other hand we don't want to overwhelm and frighten them off. Most volunteers tend to sit on the sidelines of committee meetings for a while until they get their bearings. We should probably have a welcome package that we can offer to new volunteers, which would help to bring them up to speed, including training sessions for those who are interested.

P.S. (When will we get a spell-checker that recognises "IET"?)
  • I don't recall whether I received a welcome email; how does the IET know when a new "volunteer" is born? Are you aware of the volunteers in my local network?

In some ways it would be good if we had a process for identifying and training new volunteers, but on the other hand we don't want to overwhelm and frighten them off. Most volunteers tend to sit on the sidelines of committee meetings for a while until they get their bearings. We should probably have a welcome package that we can offer to new volunteers, which would help to bring them up to speed, including training sessions for those who are interested.

P.S. (When will we get a spell-checker that recognises "IET"?)
Children
No Data