This discussion is locked.
You cannot post a reply to this discussion. If you have a question start a new discussion

PCB design

Hi all,

I'm looking for some help with PCB design.  Specifically, I'd like to collect data from a large number of MEMS microphones mounted on a single board.  The mics are PDM devices that are clocked at about 3mHz, and then downsampled to 16 bit samples at 48kHz.  At 3mHz, I'm concerned that the wires will act like antennas, and interfere with each other.  Can anyone advise on best practice (or provide a reference)?

Cheers,

Carey
Parents
  • The acoustic sources are in the farfield (> 20 wavelengths from the board).  The microphones themselves are regularly distributed over a surface of about 80 cm in diameter.  This means that some mics could be as much as 40 cm away from their signal destination on the board.  I guess the SNR of the 1-bit signals on each wire will be affected by distance, but don't know by how much.  Just wondering if there is a circuit modeling program that helps mitigate issues.  I'm looking into Autodesk Eagle for features like that.
  • The acoustic sources are in the farfield (> 20 wavelengths from the board).  The microphones themselves are regularly distributed over a surface of about 80 cm in diameter.  This means that some mics could be as much as 40 cm away from their signal destination on the board.  I guess the SNR of the 1-bit signals on each wire will be affected by distance, but don't know by how much.  Just wondering if there is a circuit modeling program that helps mitigate issues.  I'm looking into Autodesk Eagle for features like that.
Children
No Data