This discussion is locked.
You cannot post a reply to this discussion. If you have a question start a new discussion

Google fire man who claims that women are underrepresented because they are biologically different, not because of bias....

Former Community Member
Former Community Member
Ok, there's a bit more to it than is in the headlines, but you can see the full "anti-diversity manifesto" here. It's quite a read!

My personal reading is this was written by someone well-meaning but extremely mis-led and confused about why tech companies need to address diversity. It's also full of conjecture and is unnecessarily divisive (constant references to "left" and "right").

Were they right to fire him? Or was he perfectly entitled to publish his thoughts, regardless of whether or not we (or his employer) like it? Any other thoughts on the manifesto? Was there a fair point buried somewhere in the ranting?

Parents
  • Former Community Member
    0 Former Community Member
    David,

You don't work for a publicly traded company that is required to maximize shareholder value.

Neither do I at this point, and this shapes the culture of the workplace.

Edwin

Sent from my Mobile Device ---@.
  • Former Community Member
    0 Former Community Member
    David,

You don't work for a publicly traded company that is required to maximize shareholder value.

Neither do I at this point, and this shapes the culture of the workplace.

Edwin

Sent from my Mobile Device ---@.
Children
No Data