This discussion is locked.
You cannot post a reply to this discussion. If you have a question start a new discussion

Cyber Security

Former Community Member
Former Community Member
Hi, Anyone here have experience getting an email from unknown (SPAM folder). I use Yahoomail & received an email from a random person saying that they have hacked my email account & demanding money within 48 hours or else they will lock my device after 48 hours. Is there any way to prevent from the device being locked?
Parents
  • Easiest solutions are to change your email passwords and block the typical content.

Once you have changed your password, and if you have not yet blocked the content, then you may see future emails but with the older password.

The senders are usually automated from the pawned databases.

Your email system may also have a spam/phish email you can forward the email to which helps your email provider.

Just don't reply!! 

Its probably a regular scam tactic but double check. You can read similar stories and see postings of similar phishing online with some simple keyword searches.

The usual obvious scam is a font/picture/graphic of the demand letter.

:) Keep swimming and don't eat the bait!! :)

• Easiest solutions are to change your email passwords and block the typical content.

Once you have changed your password, and if you have not yet blocked the content, then you may see future emails but with the older password.

The senders are usually automated from the pawned databases.

Your email system may also have a spam/phish email you can forward the email to which helps your email provider.

Just don't reply!! 

Its probably a regular scam tactic but double check. You can read similar stories and see postings of similar phishing online with some simple keyword searches.

The usual obvious scam is a font/picture/graphic of the demand letter.

:) Keep swimming and don't eat the bait!! :)

Children
No Data