This discussion is locked.
You cannot post a reply to this discussion. If you have a question start a new discussion

Solar Energy

Can we say the size of the Solar panel is one of the limitations in a solar practical experiment? For instance size or number of solar panels matters in real time installation, I believe 24 volts solar panel will charge 24 Volts battery in real time depending on the solar intensity, and I know that 48 Volts Solar panel (connected in series) will charge the 24 volts Battery faster than 24 Volts solar panel. Kindly share your thought on this.

Cheers.

Parents
  • Can you clarify your question ?  A particular level  of sunlight will give you a certain number of watts of electricity per square meter of solar  panel. How you care to slice those watts into volts and amps is really a convenience - a large installation may have series strings of panels totalling a few hundred volts to keep the current and wire sizes to a sensible level. For any given panel the there is a load "sweet spot" that gives maximum power, so some sort of electronic regulation is more or less essential to track changing light levels.

However I am not sure if that goes any way to answer your question.

Mike.

• Thanks for your input, I am talking about Solar Lab experiment limitations.

Reply Children
No Data