This discussion is locked.
You cannot post a reply to this discussion. If you have a question start a new discussion

Is there really too much Juice on occasions?

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-10792271/Boom-wind-solar-power-huge-surplus-electricity-waste-2030.html

Z.

Parents
  • I very much doubt that there is REGULARLY any significant surplus of renewably generated electricity, for two reasons.

Firstly, observation of the gridwatch site shows that we still burning gas even overnight in windy weather. Also during bright weather when solar input is significant.

Secondly, if potentially available electricity was REGULARLY going unused, then what is done with it ? I am not aware of any utility sized load banks whereby hundreds of MW could be dumped. Neither am I aware of significant numbers of wind turbines being shut down for want of demand. There will always be some shut down for maintenance or repairs, but not aware of any significant shutdowns.

• I very much doubt that there is REGULARLY any significant surplus of renewably generated electricity, for two reasons.

Firstly, observation of the gridwatch site shows that we still burning gas even overnight in windy weather. Also during bright weather when solar input is significant.

Secondly, if potentially available electricity was REGULARLY going unused, then what is done with it ? I am not aware of any utility sized load banks whereby hundreds of MW could be dumped. Neither am I aware of significant numbers of wind turbines being shut down for want of demand. There will always be some shut down for maintenance or repairs, but not aware of any significant shutdowns.

Children
No Data