This discussion is locked.
You cannot post a reply to this discussion. If you have a question start a new discussion

Electric bus fire - This seems to be common occurance.

With EV expanding rapidly I'd expect to see more and more failures over the coming years.

Like to know the causes. Charger or battery  fault or the electrical installation.

As and when I'm forced into an EV I'd be worried about the possibility of a fire. Might even keep me up at night.

Parents
  • Certainly an interesting one, at the moment, at least as far as the public information goes it is not clear what set fire to what, and a mixture of electric and diesel buses were certainly involved. Early reports had said the fire had started with 'buses charging' but later reports implied the fire started some way from that part of the depot, suggesting that was not true after all.  When the dust settles if we do find out, it may inform new recommendations on how closely such things should be monitored.

In a tank, Diesel oil is quite safe, and the knowledge of how to handle it has grown up over a long time, there will be new skills to learn.

I must admit to a certain relief that there was not a hydrogen powered bus on the site,

Mike..

• Certainly an interesting one, at the moment, at least as far as the public information goes it is not clear what set fire to what, and a mixture of electric and diesel buses were certainly involved. Early reports had said the fire had started with 'buses charging' but later reports implied the fire started some way from that part of the depot, suggesting that was not true after all.  When the dust settles if we do find out, it may inform new recommendations on how closely such things should be monitored.

In a tank, Diesel oil is quite safe, and the knowledge of how to handle it has grown up over a long time, there will be new skills to learn.

I must admit to a certain relief that there was not a hydrogen powered bus on the site,

Mike..

Children
No Data