This discussion is locked.
You cannot post a reply to this discussion. If you have a question start a new discussion

Sellafield Clean Up.

Sellafield is having a big clean up. It is called Britain's most dangerous building. It has 10,000 m3 of radioactive sludge. The sludge is being put into big backed bean tins and covered in Polyfilla. A robotic arm is being used to handle the sludge. But a comforting thought perhaps is that Hanford in the U.S.A. has 20 times the amount of high level nuclear waste as Sellafield. (or perhaps not so comforting after all).

Source: Not the Daily Mail.

Z.

Parents
  • That is why I am not really in favor of nuclear as a panacea to all our future supply needs. I have yet to be convinced that a safe method exists for disposing of the waste. Bury it, put it in concrete-filled oil drums, put it in a cave or mine.........nature has a nasty way of coming back out of the blue and poisoning your backside at some future date. What goes round comes round, and as with raw sewage, we always end up 'getting our own back'.

• That is why I am not really in favor of nuclear as a panacea to all our future supply needs. I have yet to be convinced that a safe method exists for disposing of the waste. Bury it, put it in concrete-filled oil drums, put it in a cave or mine.........nature has a nasty way of coming back out of the blue and poisoning your backside at some future date. What goes round comes round, and as with raw sewage, we always end up 'getting our own back'.

Children
No Data