This discussion is locked.
You cannot post a reply to this discussion. If you have a question start a new discussion

IET Careers Stand at McLaren High Callander

I’ve been asked to present at a careers fair on 4 October at McLaren High School in Callander, Stirling (Scotland)  and would appreciate the support of some IET members to chat to pupils there about paths to engineering, their career, experiences etc. I have the materials to dress a table, will get literature and other materials as necessary. The day will be from 8:30 to 15:00. If you are interested or would like to find out more please get in touch

• Hi Ken,

I have only just seen your post, I stay in Balloch Loch Lomond, and my diary is free on 4th Oct 2022, Callander isnt a million miles away. Would be happy to help if you think appropriate. I left school at 16 on a Friday and started a 4yr electrician apprenticeship on the Monday, through a good company for my apprenticeship ended up with an HNC in electrical engineering and a special area of work in fuel filling stations, low and behold 41 years later I run my own consultancy practice, travel the world, sit on a few standard groups and a member of the IET at IEng level and also a volunteer for professional registration.

Let me know if you are still looking for Volunteers.

Regards Gareth Bourhill

• Hi Gareth,

sounds brilliant. Are you a STEM ambassador?  PVG checked?  I need to know as we will be working with young people. Would be great to have you on board. Please also consent to let me share your details with others who will be there and the school. 
    best to private message on me for my details going forward. 

ken