This discussion is locked.
You cannot post a reply to this discussion. If you have a question start a new discussion

Red alerts for much of UK.

Met office red alert for extreme heat has been issued for London and for parts of the Midlands. This is the first ever met office red warning for heat.

Government red warnings for heat health alert now cover all of England. I think that this may be the first such alert, it is undoubtedly the first ever to affect all of England.

Are significant consequences expected for electricity generation and distribution ?

Parents
  • folk buying portable aircon units and not realising they need to put the hot air out the window probably.  Buildings with air con installed finding out if it is adequately sized or not as it runs at full chat for the first time.

I wonder how many of our cables and transformers will be running warmer than the designers expected, and if it will cause a few on the edge to fail.

Mike.

• folk buying portable aircon units and not realising they need to put the hot air out the window probably.  Buildings with air con installed finding out if it is adequately sized or not as it runs at full chat for the first time.

I wonder how many of our cables and transformers will be running warmer than the designers expected, and if it will cause a few on the edge to fail.

Mike.

Children
No Data