This discussion is locked.
You cannot post a reply to this discussion. If you have a question start a new discussion

How streaming videos gives a Danish city hot water

Here's an interesting video about a city in Denmark that uses heat generated by datacentres to heat hot water which is then used to heat homes. 

Apparently 'district heating' is a common concept in Scandinavia so why can't it be used here in the UK too? Or is it already? 

Parents
  • On the big island where I live district heating is quite common and usually fairly small scale. Our village has a central unit run by the village authorities which burns wood waste from the local forestry operations.

This supplies the heating and hot water for our 2 bedroom 80 m2 apartment. Total bill July 2021 to June 2022 CHF 860 (£740). Electricity is CHF 40 (£35) a month. I usually get a rebate at the end of the year. Good insulation is most important.

• On the big island where I live district heating is quite common and usually fairly small scale. Our village has a central unit run by the village authorities which burns wood waste from the local forestry operations.

This supplies the heating and hot water for our 2 bedroom 80 m2 apartment. Total bill July 2021 to June 2022 CHF 860 (£740). Electricity is CHF 40 (£35) a month. I usually get a rebate at the end of the year. Good insulation is most important.

Children
No Data