This discussion is locked.
You cannot post a reply to this discussion. If you have a question start a new discussion

How streaming videos gives a Danish city hot water

Here's an interesting video about a city in Denmark that uses heat generated by datacentres to heat hot water which is then used to heat homes. 

Apparently 'district heating' is a common concept in Scandinavia so why can't it be used here in the UK too? Or is it already? 

Parents
  • I think there is the domestic housing estate in Slough that receives its CH hot water from the local power station supplying power to the trading estate. Personally, on an aesthetic level, I'd have preferred to have seen 200ft cooling towers, but I can see the logic of using all the surrounding dwellings as a heat exchanger (method of heat dispersal)

• I think there is the domestic housing estate in Slough that receives its CH hot water from the local power station supplying power to the trading estate. Personally, on an aesthetic level, I'd have preferred to have seen 200ft cooling towers, but I can see the logic of using all the surrounding dwellings as a heat exchanger (method of heat dispersal)

Children
No Data