This discussion is locked.
You cannot post a reply to this discussion. If you have a question start a new discussion

Phone line with Fibre To The Premises.

Fibre is being installed to my home in a few weeks time.

Looking at the options to keep landline phones and the number the only realistic option seems to be to get VoIP from Vonage with a telephone adapter box.

support.vonage.co.uk/.../Vonage-Box-VDV22VDV23-Telephone-Adapter-1041

There is an option of a “pensioners” landline deal for phone only on the copper, but it’s relatively expensive and may only be available for a couple of years.

So the first question is should I keep the “landline phone” and number, and. Is there anything other option I have missed?

Parents
  • odd. when my folk were done the fibre to ethernet modem just had a phone socket at the side that 'rings' on their original no. when the copper phone got cut off, all that was needed was to plug the installation that had been on the master socket into it instead, The hiccup is they now need a UPS if they are to phone up to report a power cut, as unlike the old land line, it needs mains to function. It is quite fun to unplug the fibre and watch it struggle to re-associate via what I think is EE. It takes a touch over 90secs to change from fibre to mobile data. However my dad had several long chats with the BT  folk before it all happened and I am not sure if this is their standard set up or the good one they give to folk who complain a lot ;-)
    Mike

• odd. when my folk were done the fibre to ethernet modem just had a phone socket at the side that 'rings' on their original no. when the copper phone got cut off, all that was needed was to plug the installation that had been on the master socket into it instead, The hiccup is they now need a UPS if they are to phone up to report a power cut, as unlike the old land line, it needs mains to function. It is quite fun to unplug the fibre and watch it struggle to re-associate via what I think is EE. It takes a touch over 90secs to change from fibre to mobile data. However my dad had several long chats with the BT  folk before it all happened and I am not sure if this is their standard set up or the good one they give to folk who complain a lot ;-)
    Mike

Children
No Data