This discussion is locked.
You cannot post a reply to this discussion. If you have a question start a new discussion

Phone line with Fibre To The Premises.

Fibre is being installed to my home in a few weeks time.

Looking at the options to keep landline phones and the number the only realistic option seems to be to get VoIP from Vonage with a telephone adapter box.

support.vonage.co.uk/.../Vonage-Box-VDV22VDV23-Telephone-Adapter-1041

There is an option of a “pensioners” landline deal for phone only on the copper, but it’s relatively expensive and may only be available for a couple of years.

So the first question is should I keep the “landline phone” and number, and. Is there anything other option I have missed?

Parents
  • We have a copper connection only for internet broadband from talktalk with a gif-gaf on each of the mobiles.  Mobiles have free calls to other phones, rather than using the BT dial up phone handset which is unnecessarily expensive on local calls.

• We have a copper connection only for internet broadband from talktalk with a gif-gaf on each of the mobiles.  Mobiles have free calls to other phones, rather than using the BT dial up phone handset which is unnecessarily expensive on local calls.

Children
No Data