This discussion is locked.
You cannot post a reply to this discussion. If you have a question start a new discussion

Phone line with Fibre To The Premises.

Fibre is being installed to my home in a few weeks time.

Looking at the options to keep landline phones and the number the only realistic option seems to be to get VoIP from Vonage with a telephone adapter box.

support.vonage.co.uk/.../Vonage-Box-VDV22VDV23-Telephone-Adapter-1041

There is an option of a “pensioners” landline deal for phone only on the copper, but it’s relatively expensive and may only be available for a couple of years.

So the first question is should I keep the “landline phone” and number, and. Is there anything other option I have missed?

Parents
  •  

I think some Internet Service Providers supply a router with a phone socket and others have provision to use a DECT wireless phone linked to the router.

However at the moment we are lined up to be connected by Be Fibre who don’t appear to offer these options.

•  

I think some Internet Service Providers supply a router with a phone socket and others have provision to use a DECT wireless phone linked to the router.

However at the moment we are lined up to be connected by Be Fibre who don’t appear to offer these options.

Children
No Data