This discussion is locked.
You cannot post a reply to this discussion. If you have a question start a new discussion

Phone line with Fibre To The Premises.

Fibre is being installed to my home in a few weeks time.

Looking at the options to keep landline phones and the number the only realistic option seems to be to get VoIP from Vonage with a telephone adapter box.

support.vonage.co.uk/.../Vonage-Box-VDV22VDV23-Telephone-Adapter-1041

There is an option of a “pensioners” landline deal for phone only on the copper, but it’s relatively expensive and may only be available for a couple of years.

So the first question is should I keep the “landline phone” and number, and. Is there anything other option I have missed?

Parents
  •  

If you think the Vonage VoIP is expensive have a look at the “pensioners” copper landline deals.

www.simpletelecoms.co.uk/Telephone-line-for-Elderly-People

It seems there’s only now two copper phone line providers BT and these, any idea of competition and the free market keeping costs down for consumers have gone completely out of the window. Have a look at that website and you will see their take on how things will go with phone only deals.

I only really want to keep my landline number having had the current one for thirty one year's, though the number of customers who actually use it is diminishing rapidly.

Nothing will happen for a couple of months or more as the fibre hasn’t been installed yet and there will be a change over period when we have both copper and fibre connections with internet from two ISPs and the phone.

•  

If you think the Vonage VoIP is expensive have a look at the “pensioners” copper landline deals.

www.simpletelecoms.co.uk/Telephone-line-for-Elderly-People

It seems there’s only now two copper phone line providers BT and these, any idea of competition and the free market keeping costs down for consumers have gone completely out of the window. Have a look at that website and you will see their take on how things will go with phone only deals.

I only really want to keep my landline number having had the current one for thirty one year's, though the number of customers who actually use it is diminishing rapidly.

Nothing will happen for a couple of months or more as the fibre hasn’t been installed yet and there will be a change over period when we have both copper and fibre connections with internet from two ISPs and the phone.

Children
No Data