This discussion is locked.
You cannot post a reply to this discussion. If you have a question start a new discussion

If the Cap fits - the figures in kWh for easier digestion.

Ofgem have published their 'price cap' today here 

Basically depending a bit on region the max that suppliers can charge for leccy is about 53 p unit in the midlands and more like 57p in Mersyside, and the south east.

Gas will be 15.5-16p per kwhr again varying a bit by region.

I think things like solar Panel setups that last year would have needed a decade to pay for itself will now be looking a lot more attractive.

MikePDF

Parents
  • Mike I have been thinking about solar for the last 6 months or so, more as a hobby project than enything else. (At present I have 2 100 watt panels on my garage roof to supply the pond pump and filter), I have now ordered a 3Kw system with battery for less than 5K, so will see how it goes. I will be installing it myself (as an old regular on this site used to say it aint rocket science), I may even install an 100amp contactor between the meter and consumer unit.

• Mike I have been thinking about solar for the last 6 months or so, more as a hobby project than enything else. (At present I have 2 100 watt panels on my garage roof to supply the pond pump and filter), I have now ordered a 3Kw system with battery for less than 5K, so will see how it goes. I will be installing it myself (as an old regular on this site used to say it aint rocket science), I may even install an 100amp contactor between the meter and consumer unit.

Children
  • Out of interest , where did / have you brought the system from , im looking to upgrade my 3kw to 4kw and a battery , 

• Hello 24Hour  my local CEF, the company that own CEF also own a solar supplier.