This discussion is locked.
You cannot post a reply to this discussion. If you have a question start a new discussion

If the Cap fits - the figures in kWh for easier digestion.

Ofgem have published their 'price cap' today here 

Basically depending a bit on region the max that suppliers can charge for leccy is about 53 p unit in the midlands and more like 57p in Mersyside, and the south east.

Gas will be 15.5-16p per kwhr again varying a bit by region.

I think things like solar Panel setups that last year would have needed a decade to pay for itself will now be looking a lot more attractive.

MikePDF

Parents
  • Is anyone able to add to add to this thread, firstly the capped day and night rates for economy 7, and secondly the uncapped "going rate" for non domestic users.

• Price capping is surely unfundable and can only lead to rampant inflation.

Most Tories will vote the idea out; so hopefully it will never happen.

The price of petrol is gradually dropping and now only 60% higher than last year so international prices are stabilizing at last.

My advice is "Do not panic just let the market sort it out!!"

• Price capping is surely unfundable and can only lead to rampant inflation.

Most Tories will vote the idea out; so hopefully it will never happen.

The price of petrol is gradually dropping and now only 60% higher than last year so international prices are stabilizing at last.

My advice is "Do not panic just let the market sort it out!!"

Children
  • Not since last week they aren't - the OPEC oil cartel in conjunction with Russia have seen to that. They have agreed to cut oil production by some 2 million barrels. Couple this with that fact that oil is priced in a rising currency and you can expect prices at the pumps to rise during the next couple of weeks.

• My advice is "Do not panic just let the market sort it out!!"

As in - if enough pensioners die of hypothermia, then demand will do down to meet the available supply.