This discussion is locked.
You cannot post a reply to this discussion. If you have a question start a new discussion

DSEAR Query

Evening all,

First post here but long time browser.

I’ve got a site that has some Exd door contact switches which are pre-wired with the wiring encapsulated within the switch. These switches are mounted within a small Exd enclosure for mechanical protection. The gland on the 3 core flex/Exd enclosure is a bog standard plastic compression gland which I want changing to Exd compression glands.

This is the switch in question Switch. If it was simple apparatus within a plastic box I’d maybe agree but it is an Exd switch 250V AC 5A

The pressure is on to leave these compression glands as they are but I strongly disagree. At this time of night I haven’t got my books with me and can’t get on the BS site at the minute for some reason to quote the required reg/section etc.

Can anyone post a link or quote for me please or even put me right if I’m wrong.

Ta

Parents
  • Hi, just to clarify, are you suggesting to change the gland that was fitted by the manufacturer of the product you linked to?

Or have I misunderstood and it is a gland on the other end of the cable you are talking about?

• Hi, just to clarify, are you suggesting to change the gland that was fitted by the manufacturer of the product you linked to?

Or have I misunderstood and it is a gland on the other end of the cable you are talking about?

Children
No Data