This discussion is locked.
You cannot post a reply to this discussion. If you have a question start a new discussion

Software support for legacy EV chargers.

The EVSE manufacturer Andersen have gone into administration, what software support is there for customers who have Andersen EV chargers?

How long will their chargers work for?

https://andersen-ev.com/

Parents
  • I read that webpage  linked to Hager's New Single Module RCBO AFDD in Action as saying the AFDD had to be recalibrated, because the pilot signal between a granny charger and the EV was tripping the AFDD.

• maybe - the info I have says 'plug in EV charger' Which may be a plug-in hybrid car or an all-electric car with a plug in charger. In both cases the actual heavy power regulating electronics is in the car, and the charger, either granny lead or wall mounted is little more than a contactor and an interlock involving some low level pilot signals. The fact remains that if the AFDD that cannot tell between a fault and a legitimate load like a car charging then it has a problem. I'm not sure that 'ooh look you can fix that sort of problem after installation' is a positive point.

Mike

• maybe - the info I have says 'plug in EV charger' Which may be a plug-in hybrid car or an all-electric car with a plug in charger. In both cases the actual heavy power regulating electronics is in the car, and the charger, either granny lead or wall mounted is little more than a contactor and an interlock involving some low level pilot signals. The fact remains that if the AFDD that cannot tell between a fault and a legitimate load like a car charging then it has a problem. I'm not sure that 'ooh look you can fix that sort of problem after installation' is a positive point.

Mike

Children
No Data