This discussion is locked.
You cannot post a reply to this discussion. If you have a question start a new discussion

What's your experience of being, or supporting, a neurodiverse engineer?

With the launch of Foothold's new Engineering Neurodiverse Futures programme, we want to build a world where every aspiring and established engineer has the opportunity to make the most of their unique capabilities, and reach their full potential.

We know that there are a significant number of people in our community who are or believe they may be neurodivergent - living with a condition such as autism, ADHD, dyslexia and dyspraxia. In fact, it's estimated that there are around 820,000 neurodiverse engineers working in the industry in the UK alone. Perhaps you're one of them, or you know someone who is?

But sadly, there are many barriers that neurodiverse engineers encounter every day, which may prevent them from taking opportunities that neurotypical people take for granted. 

There can be challenges for neurotypical people too, in knowing how best to support, work and communicate with neurodivergent peers - so that everyone can thrive in their own way.

We've developed our brand-new Differently Wired Hub for the engineering community to help address some of these challenges. But we want to know: what's your experience of being, or supporting, a neurodiverse engineer?

Let's start the neurodiversity in engineering conversation so we can raise awareness of the challenges faced by our community - and recognise, appreciate and celebrate the contributions that every one of our community members makes to the industry, whether neurodivergent or neurotypical!

Share your experiences and stories with us below Point down

You can find out more and join our Differently Wired Hub here.

Parents
  • Hi Michael,

The link to "join the hub" at https://www.myfoothold.org/engineering-neurodiverse-futures/#DWH-form is coming up with the following on my PC:

The web page at foothold.beaconforms.com/.../ef87bd24 might be temporarily down or it may have moved permanently to a new web address.

Thanks,

Andy

• Hi Andy,

Sorry you're having trouble signing up to the hub - I've just tested the form myself and it's working for me so I'm not sure why you're having issues with it. I'd suggest trying to sign up through a different browser as it may be your browser that's causing the problem. 

Let me know if this works or not and if it doesn't I'll see what else I can do.

• Ah...it works on my home PC, but not on my work PC (tried both Chrome and Edge). So possibly the VPN mucks it up?

• Hi Andy, strange - I can't think of a reason why that would be but you might be right with the VPN! I'm glad you've managed to join the hub now Slight smile

• Hi Andy, strange - I can't think of a reason why that would be but you might be right with the VPN! I'm glad you've managed to join the hub now Slight smile

Children
No Data