This discussion is locked.
You cannot post a reply to this discussion. If you have a question start a new discussion

Underground power cable fault identification system as a cable theft deterrent

Good day,

I am seeking a Underground Cable Monitoring system capable of the following:

• Cable fault identification through GPS and GSM(Cellular) techniques
  • Linkable to SCADA system to enable Control Center alert

In short, we are overwhelmed by a series of Underground Cable theft and we need a solution to guard against this. Please share your experiences on this and solutions.

Parents
  • Hi Russel, I used to work for a company called Fotech Solutions. They provide monitoring systems that can identify any number of intrusion or failure events using a fibre optic cable located along the length of the asset. For instance, they had thousands of kms of pipelines being monitored and could detect people walking or digging near the pipeline. The system could detect an event down to a few meters and report this through a number of interfaces including SCADA. They also had systems monitoring border fences, power cables and many other applications. Might be worth a look to see if this could be a solution for you. https://www.fotech.com/

• Hi Russel, I used to work for a company called Fotech Solutions. They provide monitoring systems that can identify any number of intrusion or failure events using a fibre optic cable located along the length of the asset. For instance, they had thousands of kms of pipelines being monitored and could detect people walking or digging near the pipeline. The system could detect an event down to a few meters and report this through a number of interfaces including SCADA. They also had systems monitoring border fences, power cables and many other applications. Might be worth a look to see if this could be a solution for you. https://www.fotech.com/

Children
  • Thanks for your response David. Very much appreciated. I will look into it. Please be open for further enquiries