This discussion is locked.
You cannot post a reply to this discussion. If you have a question start a new discussion

Some common sense at last!

Green light given to Whitehaven coal mine.

The green fanatics will be out of their tiny minds.

Parents
  •   

some years ago I went on an IET Local Group visit to the mining machinery manufacturer here in Worcester Joy Mining, which was previously Dowty Mining and is now part of Komatsu.

We were told that once the mine is set up for full production using their equipment with a conveyor system one person can run it using a laptop, the video I linked to shows the use of underground trucks rather than conveyors so if they have drivers it will require more people than other mines do.

I presume this mine will have supporting pillars left in place rather than letting the ceiling drop behind the mining equipment as it moves forward, I also presume consideration has been given to putting some of the waste from just down the road into those tunnels which will stretch out deep under the sea.

•   

some years ago I went on an IET Local Group visit to the mining machinery manufacturer here in Worcester Joy Mining, which was previously Dowty Mining and is now part of Komatsu.

We were told that once the mine is set up for full production using their equipment with a conveyor system one person can run it using a laptop, the video I linked to shows the use of underground trucks rather than conveyors so if they have drivers it will require more people than other mines do.

I presume this mine will have supporting pillars left in place rather than letting the ceiling drop behind the mining equipment as it moves forward, I also presume consideration has been given to putting some of the waste from just down the road into those tunnels which will stretch out deep under the sea.

Children
No Data