Can patient safety me managed without process management in a healthcare settin?

Things like a desk top risk assessment of a healthcare process requires a degree of process documentation. Certainly issue investigations like root cause anallysis will need detailed process knowledge bets gained via process ducumentation. The aviation industry have documented safety management systems; do such systems exist in healthcare?

Parents
  • Absolutely - Stuart Harrison (former NHS Digital Head of Clinical Safety), Standards expert and member of the IET Healthcare Sector Panel is worth talking to www.ethos.co.im/.../

• Peter, Thanks for your reply. Are you agreeing with me or can the NHS do without process management? I'm really keen on digital and BS EN ISO 13940 - health informatics. The standard has a good section on healthcare process but it's a long way from healthcare practice. I've spent the last 6 years trying to make a change. I'd like to play a bigger part in the activities of this SIG.

• I'm saying they do: we had a great example of this in the context of surgery as part of the TPN Healthcare Lecture a couple of years back. But I will absolutely defer to Stuart who is both expert and passionate on this topic: let me know if you need support connecting with him

• I'm saying they do: we had a great example of this in the context of surgery as part of the TPN Healthcare Lecture a couple of years back. But I will absolutely defer to Stuart who is both expert and passionate on this topic: let me know if you need support connecting with him

Children