This discussion is locked.
You cannot post a reply to this discussion. If you have a question start a new discussion

Home double oven heat transfer regulations

There is a  problem in a double oven (one above the other) but in the same carcass (Shell). When the bottom oven is on and running at 200C the top oven, which is switched off,  is warmed by heat from the bottom oven. The top oven temperature  has been measured at 100C of heat transfer. The same is true, but to a lower temperature, if the top oven is on and the bottom oven is off.

I am trying to find the specification/regulation for the double ovens that states what the permissible heat transfer is.

Parents
  • Interesting question Iain. I've always assumed that there is a layer or two of robust of insulation between the top and bottom ovens to prevent too much heat transfer but if yours is getting to over 100C then that's an awful lot of heat there! I sometimes use my top oven to warm the dinner plates when I have the bottom one on but it gets nowhere near 100C! Flushed

As Mike says I'm not sure there is a specific regulation to determine what is an appropriate level of transfer across ovens but maybe a quick call to either the manufacturer or perhaps BSI themselves will help? Or maybe pick another manufacturer of ovens and ask their technical team for advice? 

Unfortunately I don't think I've come across any IET members working in that particular industry so I'm not able to put you in direct contact on here with anyone specifically. Pensive 

If anyone does have any contacts or knows anyone in this field though please bring their attention to Iain's question here! Slight smile

• Interesting question Iain. I've always assumed that there is a layer or two of robust of insulation between the top and bottom ovens to prevent too much heat transfer but if yours is getting to over 100C then that's an awful lot of heat there! I sometimes use my top oven to warm the dinner plates when I have the bottom one on but it gets nowhere near 100C! Flushed

As Mike says I'm not sure there is a specific regulation to determine what is an appropriate level of transfer across ovens but maybe a quick call to either the manufacturer or perhaps BSI themselves will help? Or maybe pick another manufacturer of ovens and ask their technical team for advice? 

Unfortunately I don't think I've come across any IET members working in that particular industry so I'm not able to put you in direct contact on here with anyone specifically. Pensive 

If anyone does have any contacts or knows anyone in this field though please bring their attention to Iain's question here! Slight smile

Children
No Data