This discussion is locked.
You cannot post a reply to this discussion. If you have a question start a new discussion

Home double oven heat transfer regulations

There is a  problem in a double oven (one above the other) but in the same carcass (Shell). When the bottom oven is on and running at 200C the top oven, which is switched off,  is warmed by heat from the bottom oven. The top oven temperature  has been measured at 100C of heat transfer. The same is true, but to a lower temperature, if the top oven is on and the bottom oven is off.

I am trying to find the specification/regulation for the double ovens that states what the permissible heat transfer is.

Parents
  • I wonder if the heat loss from the lower oven (into the upper one) might cause difficulty for the energy efficiency regulations. Or on the other hand, it might be the case that the heat loss from one oven to another is much like it used to be, but better thermal insulation around the pair of ovens means that the same amount of heat finds it much more difficult to escape from the second oven, so produces a far greater temperature rise.

- Andy.

• Makes sense to me.

In the days of freestanding cookers, the grill cavity was ideal for warming plates when the oven was on.

On the basis that nobody is going to want an oven at less than 100 deg C, I don't really see a problem, but the heat conservation is poor.

• Hi Andy

Energy Efficiency regulations sound like a good route to go down - but do you know what they are?

• Hi Andy

Energy Efficiency regulations sound like a good route to go down - but do you know what they are?

Children
No Data