This discussion is locked.
You cannot post a reply to this discussion. If you have a question start a new discussion

Home double oven heat transfer regulations

There is a  problem in a double oven (one above the other) but in the same carcass (Shell). When the bottom oven is on and running at 200C the top oven, which is switched off,  is warmed by heat from the bottom oven. The top oven temperature  has been measured at 100C of heat transfer. The same is true, but to a lower temperature, if the top oven is on and the bottom oven is off.

I am trying to find the specification/regulation for the double ovens that states what the permissible heat transfer is.

Parents
  • Without making the unit alot larger to allow for thick insulation between the ovens then its unrealistic to think that the top oven will be stone cold when the bottom one is on. As for a child burning themselves on it, surely the bottom 220 degree oven is at a more accessible height than the top one. I'm not sure what your angle is for this mission of answers (and I'm guessing accountability of the manufacturers), but I think this is a non-issue and is an accepted part of double oven ownership

• Without making the unit alot larger to allow for thick insulation between the ovens

Which you cannot do if the cooker is designed to go below a standard kitchen counter.

Presumably there is sufficient insulation above the top oven to avoid singeing the worktop above.

• Without making the unit alot larger to allow for thick insulation between the ovens

Which you cannot do if the cooker is designed to go below a standard kitchen counter.

Presumably there is sufficient insulation above the top oven to avoid singeing the worktop above.

Children
No Data