What does a magnetic field strength of 0.418A/metre at a distance of 4.6 metres mean in real terms?

I'm not even sure if there's an answer to this question but thought I'd have a go - this is the postal restriction on sending magnets, and as I'm about to try to rehome a hefty pair of loudspeaker drive units (10" / 150W) I'm wondering if they're likely to be way above, way below, or somewhere around this, I have absolutely no concept of how strong a field "0.418A/metre at a distance of 4.6 metres" is! 

Anyone got any thoughts?

Cheers,

Andy

Parents
  • I wonder if there is a BS for discussion forums.....

- Andy.

• I think we are rapidly moving towards another sort of 'BS' than that provided  by the BSI....

M

(no ?)

• Perhaps a timely reminder that we're straying off topic Wink Thanks for the prompt mapj1! 

• But before we go, since I'm sure everyone is wondering  Smiley here are the standards thrown up by our company standards database:

USA: FF-C-436F - CLIP, PAPER, WIRE and A-A-2792A - CLIP, PAPER ("Size 1 - Small; 20 sheet clipping capacity Size 2 - Medium; 40 sheet clipping capacity Size 3 - Large; 60 sheet clipping capacity")

Canada: CGSB CAN/CGSB-53.13-95 - Paper Clip (withdrawn)

Turkey: TSE TS 11182 - Paper Clips ("This standard covers wire paper clips (binders) used for holding paper bundles. It doesn't cover special shaped and sized paperclips and spring type paper clips and paper clips made of completely plastic.")

So now we know! (I'll admit I didn't look through all 1,135 results which came up under the search term "paper clip", but it's usually pretty good at giving the most relevant terms first)

How to tell when you've been working in standards compliance for FAR too long - when you know how to find standards for paper clips (and can be bothered to do it)...

• Wow! Grinning I didn't expect that! I wonder what atrocity happened in Canada for it to be withdrawn? Open mouth (No need to answer that.) Anyway, thanks (I think Wink) for enlightening us. Good luck with your postal experience.

Reply Children
No Data