Free Leadership Evaluation Anyone? (in the name of research)

To my membership colleagues I ask for a small favour :)

I am completing the final Research Project for my MBA with QMUL in London, and would appreciate some support to further my research.
The purpose of the study is to understand whether there is a relationship between emotional drivers and leadership performance within engineering and technically focused professions. 

All data collection is anonymous, and the study closes this week.
You will have the chance to opt-in to receiving a full breakdown and analysis of your responses if you wish, so if you’ve never had a leadership evaluation or similar assessment this is a chance to have one for free.

Below is the link to the research ethics statement and joining instructions. Please read this carefully as acceptance of its terms and approaches are mandatory to be part of this study, and I cannot process any of your data without this.

https://tinyurl.com/BSKLTY

If you can spare approximately 20-30 minutes to assist me in my research it would be deeply appreciated.

The survey link is below, many thanks again for your support.

https://tinyurl.com/pkyrp

Many thanks
Dan

#leadership #project #mba #engineers #research

Parents
  • Ah well  - I  drop out at the first question,  as  I do not belong to any UK Engineering and Technical certification body ;-) 

better mention that requirement to save other folk wasting time.

However I do lead teams, both in the shouty way as a hobby, - I am an assistant leader with Scouts, and also sometimes in a System Design Authority and project gant chart sort of way way at work. (though the cards say 'Consultant Engineer' )

Note that this limitation means your questionnaire will leave out quite a few folk  I suspect, and raises a further question, what makes you think folk need to pay membership fees to some body to be able to do something ? ;-)

Mike,

• To be fair Mike, I'm not sure what better question he could have asked:

"Are you a professional engineer?" "Yes, I'm paid to install washing machines"

"Do you have a level 4 or higher qualification in engineering?" "Yes, although I've never used it as I went straight into marketing / management / being a barista at my mate's surf shack"

So yes, most engineers aren't members of a PEI, but most members of PEIs probably are engineers. Oh except all the retired ones...Slight smile

• To be fair Mike, I'm not sure what better question he could have asked:

"Are you a professional engineer?" "Yes, I'm paid to install washing machines"

"Do you have a level 4 or higher qualification in engineering?" "Yes, although I've never used it as I went straight into marketing / management / being a barista at my mate's surf shack"

So yes, most engineers aren't members of a PEI, but most members of PEIs probably are engineers. Oh except all the retired ones...Slight smile

Children
  • But what it will mean is that the results will be the experience of engineers who are members of the PEIs, whose experience / attitude / approach may not be (in fact imo probably isn't) representative of the engineering community as a whole. So the results should be caveated as such.

• How about having just one more option in the list  "I do have a engineering role that involves team leadership and project management but am not a member of any of the above."

I work in a business where engineering consultancy at programme design authority level is a large part of what we do. A quick straw poll suggests that only one person in the lab today would be able to get past Q1 and that does not include the  MIOPs. So yes a survey like this, will miss out a chunk of the engineering workforce - that may be the intention, but then the results need to be heavily caveated as you say.

Now with that extra option, you would have all the data you need as you can present data and  stratify the results both ways. Those working in engineering with a professional qualification of various kinds, both with and without memberships of various bodies - that might actually be something interesting to know.

Mike.