CEng Application and Career History

I have received the following when I applied to CEng application. 

Although I filled self assessment and added examples and details of all 17 competencies and linked it to application I received this. I don't see a "Career History" in the application however there's employment history. and this what confused me a bit and added the information in self assessment and put summary in employment history. 

I already resubmitted but I think I will receive a return again. I am consulting anyone with information on this. 

Is the information asked per the comment has to added to Employment History or Self Assessment? or Self Assessment is sufficient. Much Appreciated. Ali El Ezzy, MIET, PMP

Your application has been returned via Career Manager, for you to provide an expanded Career History (written in line with the UK-SPEC and guidance notes in Career Manager). (The UK-SPEC can be found on the Engineering Council website: www.engc.org.uk/UKSPEC ). You have to make sure that you are demonstrating all 17 competencies to achieve CEng professional registration level in your Career History section.  I would recommend that you contact your local Professional Registration Advisor (PRA) to assist you in this process and advise you with your application. You can locate and contact your local PRA here: www.theiet.org/advice and follow the onscreen instructions.

Parents Reply Children
  • HI,

Yes you are right, it is the section labelled "Employment History" they are referring to. This is the most important part of the application.

The "self assessment" is to help you only, it is not part of the application. You should assume that the assessors will not read the self assessment.

As they suggested, I strongly suggest you contact a  Professional Registration Advisor who can explain this in more detail.

Thanks,

Andy

• Hi Andy, 

Thank you for your reply. So I think they will return the application back again. 

That being said, I have contacted a PRA and waiting for their email to schedule when's the best time to review the application. 

So if they return the application again then I have to revise the Employment History section. As a result, I have to return the application for supporter for verification again? 

I am mentioning this since all my supporters are busy with their ongoing business and they also take time to follow up with them regularly to review my application and verify. 

Regards, 

Ali 

• Hi,

As a result, I have to return the application for supporter for verification again? 

That's a good question. If you re-write your application then your supporters should ask to see it before they agree to you submitting the supporter's forms (whether they change those forms or not). Otherwise they are supporting an application where they do not know what you have written.

Imagine if the IET asked the supporters about your application, and they had to say that they hadn't actually read the final version. It is not going to look good for anyone. Remember that an important part of your evidence is that the supporters agree that you have done the things that you say in your application that you have done.

So as a minimum what I would do is to send the new application to the supporters and ask them to confirm that they are still happy to support this, and whether they want to change their Supporter reference forms as a result of any changes. Please don't take that as an "official" answer, if you want to be certain I suggest you check with the registration team at profreg@theiet.org

Thanks,

Andy

• Hi,

As a result, I have to return the application for supporter for verification again?

As a minimum you should send your form to them to check that they are still happy to support what you have written, even if they decide not to change what they have written in their supporter's forms.

Imagine if the IET asked them why they supported statements you had made in your application, and they had to admit they they hadn't actually seen the rewritten version. It is not going to look good for them or for you.

But hopefully they won't need to do any more than read it and let you know that they are still happy to support with the previous words they wrote.

Thanks,

Andy

• Thanks Andy, absolutely, I will send again for supporter to review.

appreciate it