Incompatibility of Special Relativity with Dimensional Analysis and Measurement Theory

I have given an online talk about  the fundamental incompatibility of Special Relativity with Dimensional Analysis and Measurement Theory

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z7ghxawaaVA

In my talk I am trying to flesh out the underlying vagueness and confusion in Einsteinian Relativity from a philosophical perspective without getting bogged down in the technical undergrowth. I did not include gravitational phenomena because I wanted to confine myself to a critique to the small domain of phenomena Einstein’s Special Relativity is confined to.

My underlying aim in the talk was to bring together otherwise separate fields of knowledge (Philosophical Measurement Theory, Dimensional Analysis and Study of Relativistic Phenomena) into the minds of young students, physics and engineering students about to start, or just started, university hopefully.

I know this is a controversial subject, but so what, the basic ambiguities and confusions in Einstein's Special Theory of Relativity need to be discussed and removed.

Parents
  • If theory A is incompatble with theory B, it doesn't necessarily mean that it's theory A that is wrong.

(And life is too short to watch 2 hour videos on YouTube.  Get it down to 20 minutes and I might watch it)

• The talk is only one hour, the discussion and questions took another hour.

Reply Children
No Data