Is the mandatory adoption of ISO 19443 inevitable in the UK Nuclear Sector

First there was BS5750.  Then it evolved into the ISO 9000 series of standards.  The Quality Management System was certified against the ISO 9001:2015 standard.  Automotive then enhanced the standard to be more aligned to the needs of the sector and the APQP framework.  Aerospace also followed suit and we saw the emergence of AS9001.  

For the Nuclear sector we now have the next stage in certification evolution, that being the ISO 19443.  Whilst not yet recognised by UKAS there are several organisations who are early adopters and this can at best be seen as a differentiator.  The Office of Nuclear Regulation (ONR) states that it has no plans to mandate the standard as yet as they are reluctant to introduce barriers of entry within an already depleted supply chain.

In addition it is not a pre-requisite as yet to successful bids for frameworks and contracts on Nuclear Programmes and Projects with very few invites to tender (ITT) containing questions about the adoption, or plans to adopt, the standard.

I am currently defining the Quality Strategy for Nuvia relative to our delivery of major project and services and as I do I seek opinions to the following question.  Namely:

Is the mandatory adoption of ISO 19443 inevitable in the UK Nuclear Sector?

Informed opinion would be welcome.