HSE has been made aware of a potential issue regarding the testing of boots to an American Standard; ASTM F2412-18A.

HSE has been made aware of a potential issue regarding the testing of boots to an American Standard; ASTM F2412-18A. 

Parents
  • I'm quite happy to look at the soles of any footwear and tell you if I think it is an insulator or not. I do not need or want a selection of alphabet soup on the packet to tell me what someone else in another country or this one thinks it does. A lot of labelling is to reassure the desk pilots that never go near a real job and would not know what to do of you threw your shoes at them.  CE marked footwear that has been in a puddle or has trodden on a nail is no longer special,  and there is plenty of footwear that is perfectly good but has no certification. Generally calling it PPE  just allows makers to charge more.

(I'm the annoying chap hitting the steel toe boots in the shop to see if they really are.. )

Mike

• I'm quite happy to look at the soles of any footwear and tell you if I think it is an insulator or not. I do not need or want a selection of alphabet soup on the packet to tell me what someone else in another country or this one thinks it does. A lot of labelling is to reassure the desk pilots that never go near a real job and would not know what to do of you threw your shoes at them.  CE marked footwear that has been in a puddle or has trodden on a nail is no longer special,  and there is plenty of footwear that is perfectly good but has no certification. Generally calling it PPE  just allows makers to charge more.

(I'm the annoying chap hitting the steel toe boots in the shop to see if they really are.. )

Mike

Children
No Data