What do they think the old garages will survive if the car world will only be autonomous

hi to all friends,

I come from a broad background and have over 34 years in the automotive industry and I ask myself the autonomous electric vehicles (without a modern engine), there are no breakdowns and even if there are breakdowns garages of the past can't take care of them and why?
1. There is no professional and wealthy yeshiva (they were not in training).
2. There is no suitable equipment for past garages.
3. Not knowing the precautions for high voltage.

So friends, I would love for you to share your opinion on what to do with old garages?

Parents
  • It will, presumably, boil down to the sort of garages which look after "classic" and older cars nowadays.

My MOT man has said that he has no intention of training on EVs, but he seems to keep busy for the time being.

• Yes, retraining mechanics to be electricians will be quite a job and technical colleges should immediately start offering part time or evening courses in my view.  Most sensible garage managers will I think be willing to pay an incentive to staff who can qualify to deal this both types of vehicles.

Another problem is parking EV's in an enclosed space as there is a risk that one of the batteries might explode..

Anyway, in my view, EV's are really most necessary inside cities to keep the air clean and these mini cars can have small lithium batteries of 10 to 20 kWh that can be charged at home or elsewhere fairly quickly.

Motorway vehicles and long distance heavy lorries will almost certainly be more efficient using a diesel or petrol engine and the CO2 they emit can be readily absorbed by the roadside vegetation.  

• Yes, retraining mechanics to be electricians will be quite a job and technical colleges should immediately start offering part time or evening courses in my view.  Most sensible garage managers will I think be willing to pay an incentive to staff who can qualify to deal this both types of vehicles.

Another problem is parking EV's in an enclosed space as there is a risk that one of the batteries might explode..

Anyway, in my view, EV's are really most necessary inside cities to keep the air clean and these mini cars can have small lithium batteries of 10 to 20 kWh that can be charged at home or elsewhere fairly quickly.

Motorway vehicles and long distance heavy lorries will almost certainly be more efficient using a diesel or petrol engine and the CO2 they emit can be readily absorbed by the roadside vegetation.  

Children
No Data