What do they think the old garages will survive if the car world will only be autonomous

hi to all friends,

I come from a broad background and have over 34 years in the automotive industry and I ask myself the autonomous electric vehicles (without a modern engine), there are no breakdowns and even if there are breakdowns garages of the past can't take care of them and why?
1. There is no professional and wealthy yeshiva (they were not in training).
2. There is no suitable equipment for past garages.
3. Not knowing the precautions for high voltage.

So friends, I would love for you to share your opinion on what to do with old garages?

Parents
  • Will that mean the humble mechanic will need to be aware of BS7671 and EAW1989 and a whole host of fire safety regulations some yet to be explored?  Eg the amount of fire detection and suppression needed for a small local garage as apposed to a main dealer/service center site?  Will the local fire and Rescue to to come to site to inspect garage for fire safety compliance?

I assume they will also need to and probably forced by insurance companies to do risk assesments for the site as a whole and each vehicle that comes into the garage as EV fires are on the rise. 

Will mechanics need VDE tools?

There are so many factors that will come into play.  EG Will Tesla (other brands are available) allow non-Tesla garages to work on their cars or will this void the warranty?

The weight of these vehicle is generally heavier than the average car will the trolley jacks need to be upgraded?

Which EVSE to fit at the garage?

Earthing arangements and annual EICR?

I am sure the list could go on and on.  I do think that the current set of vehicles on the road with ICE will last on average 10 to 15 years and then a percentage will still be around as Vintage.  I wonder how many EV will last 10 to 15 years?

• I wonder how many EV will last 10 to 15 years?

Most of them.  The first Nissan Leafs were sold around 13 years ago now.  So there's enough experience to show that EVs last well in the long term.  Mechanically, they are much simpler than a petrol or diesel car.

• I wonder how many EV will last 10 to 15 years?

Most of them.  The first Nissan Leafs were sold around 13 years ago now.  So there's enough experience to show that EVs last well in the long term.  Mechanically, they are much simpler than a petrol or diesel car.

Children
No Data