Fire Rated Busducts

For fire rated busducts, can the fire integrity test done as per IEC 60331 which mentions "fire cables" to withstand 180 min. Is there any particular standard or clause of any standard (specifically IEC 61439) mentioning requirement of fire rated busducts to be tested for certain conditions?

Parents
  • Hello Abdullah. I can’t find in IEC 61439 any particular test or certification for fire rated busducts, you should check with the maker or provider of your busducts to make sure that they meet the standards that apply to your application. I suppose Fire rated busducts may require extra testing and verification.

• Hello AMK, thank you for the reply. I did check with 3 manufacturers. 2 of the manufacturers comply with IEC 60331 (which specifies test conditions for fire rated cables), the other manufacturer said they comply with IEC 61439-6. Anyhow, thanks for the reply. 

• Hello AMK, thank you for the reply. I did check with 3 manufacturers. 2 of the manufacturers comply with IEC 60331 (which specifies test conditions for fire rated cables), the other manufacturer said they comply with IEC 61439-6. Anyhow, thanks for the reply. 

Children
No Data