Some interesting thoughts on EV charging

There is a feature in FleetNews looking at the problems of ensuring that your EV is actually charged in the morning and that the RCD has not tripped.

Workplace EV charger aftercare: maximise uptime and eliminate problems (fleetnews.co.uk)

Parents
  • Quite surprising that this kind of functionality has not yet been built in. I have a plug-in hybrid. The car is smart, I can log in and see all sorts of things, but no facility to signal errors. The "charger" on the wall is smart, again I can log in, see charge rates, change timers etc BUT there is no indication that it has tripped, only by going outside and looking at the display (which turns red when tripped). As per the article this is going to be a real pain for a fleet.

• Quite surprising that this kind of functionality has not yet been built in. I have a plug-in hybrid. The car is smart, I can log in and see all sorts of things, but no facility to signal errors. The "charger" on the wall is smart, again I can log in, see charge rates, change timers etc BUT there is no indication that it has tripped, only by going outside and looking at the display (which turns red when tripped). As per the article this is going to be a real pain for a fleet.

Children
No Data