Unknown Component Identification

I've opened up a head torch I've been playing with and it has an IC that's doing some PWM control, but I haven't seen anything like it before (or maybe I have and I'm just being daft!).

The output is pulled high by an external resistor, on the press of a button the output is pulled to ground, on a second click of the button it sets off a PWM mode with 50% duty cycle, then on a final push it returns to being pulled high. I don't think I've seen a 5 pin device with different output states on the same trigger input before.

Pinout:

• Pin 1 +ve
  • Pin 2 NC
  • Pin 3 Trigger
  • Pin 4 gnd
  • Pin 6 Output

Has anyone seen anything like this on their travels? I'll appreciate any input as I'm drawing a blank!

Parents
  • Seconded - not seen that one exactly.

Maybe not in this  case (as I have just tried and drawn a blank) but maybe useful info for you anyway, I have had luck in the past with websites like https://www.lcsc.com/ for getting data-sheets(usually  in Chinese of course) - there are a number of Chinese chip makers that have no chip sales outside China, although products containing their devices keep turning up commonly here. The data-sheets usually have enough schematic and google translate can be pressed into service to create some understanding.

The volume pricing is an eye-opener to western eyes. There are a great many 'low value' things. like LED torches, Li-ion cell charge balancers and so on where there are no western equivalents, as the business model does not work at those prices.

It is likely that makers like Shenzen Fumen and similar are in effect subsidised by State education programmes and so on to encourage the development of an indigenous chip manufacturing capability.

Mike

• I reckon the silicon is a close relative, maybe made under licence  by another fab.
    Mike.

Reply Children
No Data