Short circuit protection - let through value of fuses

Good afternoon, I am looking for some clarification on regulation 434.5.2 for a short duration fault k^2 x s^2 > I^2 x t 

Im looking at the calculation for a very small run of cable 2 x 10mm conductors over 3 metres. Due to this the values will be high and I can not guarantee the cable integrity.

In rspects to the above calculation, I have total brain fog around how I determine I^2 x t 

Can any one help or provide a link to some literature that would aid me here? 

Many thanks 

Parents
  • General procure would be to use the loop impedance (including tha of the source) to work out the fault current (which gives you "I"), then lookup the disconnection time for your fuse for that current ("t"). Traditionally the graphs in appendix 3 would do, but these days they only go down to 0.1s so if you're looking at large fault currents you might have to revert to the fuse manufacturer's data. Then just square I and multiply by t.

- Andy.

• General procure would be to use the loop impedance (including tha of the source) to work out the fault current (which gives you "I"), then lookup the disconnection time for your fuse for that current ("t"). Traditionally the graphs in appendix 3 would do, but these days they only go down to 0.1s so if you're looking at large fault currents you might have to revert to the fuse manufacturer's data. Then just square I and multiply by t.

- Andy.

Children
No Data