EV government incentive limits

LIMITS 

Government incentives that reduced road tax or give special grants should be limited to small 1200cc cars only not huge SUV's .

Another condition should be that it must be possible to run on electric only with engine off totally inside cities unlike most hybrids..

Cars with air conditioners are not acceptable for grants as they waste fuel and are a luxury item.

There are probably more reasons why grants should not be granted which need discussion.

CliveS

Parents
  • I am not sure I agree with you there Clive on NO AirCon.  In a lot of situations AirCon is more for comfort rather than luxuary espcially when the temps in the UK go above 25 degrees celcius.  It is well documents that when drivers get uncomfortable when driving they more irrrate (possible leading to road rage in some cases) and also they become more distracted which could lead to road accidents.

I think the industry and the local coucils needs to look at how they can make roadside charging easier.  Picture a traditional working town with lots of terrace houses (so no drive way) the street need charging points all along the pavement allowing people to charge their vehicle.  This also need to take into account that pavements are designed for pedestrians so cable trailled across a pavement is not permitted.  Maybe the charging points could have some kind of bar code or some kind of mechanism to allow people to park anywhere along the road and charge their vehicle and they pay on account or per charge.

• I think the industry and the local coucils needs to look at how they can make roadside charging easier.  Picture a traditional working town with lots of terrace houses (so no drive way)

Our local transport authority's policy is rapid charge points at car parks (supermarkets etc) - 30 mins while doing the shopping kind of thing should serve most people most of the time for typical urban motoring. Billing for public charge points is done by card/account anyway.

- Andy.

• I think the industry and the local coucils needs to look at how they can make roadside charging easier.  Picture a traditional working town with lots of terrace houses (so no drive way)

Our local transport authority's policy is rapid charge points at car parks (supermarkets etc) - 30 mins while doing the shopping kind of thing should serve most people most of the time for typical urban motoring. Billing for public charge points is done by card/account anyway.

- Andy.

Children
No Data