By 2033, will Human-Level AI decision making be regarded as 'trustworthy'?

So why is it important to the Engineering community that the AI decision making needs to be equipped with a universally accepted value system (ethically driven) and not 'something else'?

How artificial intelligence will transform decision-making | World Economic Forum (weforum.org)

#ResponsibleAI

Parents
  • I'm not sure I understand the question. There seems to be an implicit assumption that AI "understands" both what it's doing and what its results would be used for - as without that how could it apply any ethical values? As far as I can tell, AI doesn;t actually understand anything it all, it merely puts things together based on probabilities and a very large example data set. It can't really make moral judgements any more than a cog wheel can.

- Andy.

• I'm not sure I understand the question. There seems to be an implicit assumption that AI "understands" both what it's doing and what its results would be used for - as without that how could it apply any ethical values? As far as I can tell, AI doesn;t actually understand anything it all, it merely puts things together based on probabilities and a very large example data set. It can't really make moral judgements any more than a cog wheel can.

- Andy.

Children
No Data