By 2033, will Human-Level AI decision making be regarded as 'trustworthy'?

So why is it important to the Engineering community that the AI decision making needs to be equipped with a universally accepted value system (ethically driven) and not 'something else'?

How artificial intelligence will transform decision-making | World Economic Forum (weforum.org)

#ResponsibleAI

Parents
  • From my experience of human values, I would rather an AI didn't have them.  Just look at the World news at the moment.

• I thing watching 'War games' is in order. Computers, even ones running AI programs just calculate what humans ask them to -  rubbish in rubbish out.  Mind you, there are some humans that are not much better.

The machine has as much or as little moral as you care to calculate a variable called ' moral feeling' from each case to be considered and add a proportion of its value to the weights when calculating the final scores. You can do the same sort of thing for risk or any other parameter that you can create a score for.

In that sense the AI decision maker will be as free fair and sensible as the patterns you train it on. I sometimes think that some computer people get out so little that they forget that there is a real analogue world outside.

There are many quoted examples (though some of the funniest are probably apocryphal ) to remind students of this elementary problem.

But to the OP question, no, of course not.

Mike.

• I thing watching 'War games' is in order. Computers, even ones running AI programs just calculate what humans ask them to -  rubbish in rubbish out.  Mind you, there are some humans that are not much better.

The machine has as much or as little moral as you care to calculate a variable called ' moral feeling' from each case to be considered and add a proportion of its value to the weights when calculating the final scores. You can do the same sort of thing for risk or any other parameter that you can create a score for.

In that sense the AI decision maker will be as free fair and sensible as the patterns you train it on. I sometimes think that some computer people get out so little that they forget that there is a real analogue world outside.

There are many quoted examples (though some of the funniest are probably apocryphal ) to remind students of this elementary problem.

But to the OP question, no, of course not.

Mike.

Children
No Data