Alternative Fuel for Electric Cars - Is there one on the way?

The use of Petrol and Diesel is still most convenient but will electric driven cars ever replace them?. I think that a more acceptable replacement will and must be found; what is going on behind closed doors?.. 

Jaymack

Parents
  • Here is a link to just one group of well known industry players already producing e-fuel.

There are many others already constructing large plants to produce the same.

https://www.siemens-energy.com/global/en/home/stories/haru-oni.html

Also aware lots of research going on for producing Hydrogen without electrolysis by use of polymer membranes where Hydrogen produced just being in contact with a special membrane.

Anyway as always no silver bullet!

There will be a mix of fuels depending on vehicle or application.

Cheers GTB

• Yes it is interesting, and the air and H2 to methanol step is very attractive to those without a rain forest... - Methanol and ethanol are a lot safer to store and ship by tanker than gaseous hydrogen and there are many countries (Brazil is the biggy) where cars already run on alcohol blends (up to E100 grade in Brazil, i.e. 100% alcohol ), currently almost as a waste product from fermenting sugar cane.

Mike

• Yes it is interesting, and the air and H2 to methanol step is very attractive to those without a rain forest... - Methanol and ethanol are a lot safer to store and ship by tanker than gaseous hydrogen and there are many countries (Brazil is the biggy) where cars already run on alcohol blends (up to E100 grade in Brazil, i.e. 100% alcohol ), currently almost as a waste product from fermenting sugar cane.

Mike

Children
No Data