Siemens SITOP Power Supply - Connecting 0V of two PSU's

I am currently in training to become an electrical design engineer. I am looking for advice on connecting the 0V of 24V Power Supplies together. For example, I have a machine with two Siemens SITOP PSUs and wondered if connection the 0V together is a good idea or not. I have had a lot of different opinions on this subject, so just curious.

Parents
  • Sitop is a range of supplies, but as far as I know they are all floating output - it is up to the user to decide where on the secondary side to earth or not earth  ,

Where problems can also arise is with interfacing to power supply  signals or controls that indicate overloads or power on and off - especially when supplies are in series, as then the signals do not share a common reference voltage.

Mike

• Sitop is a range of supplies, but as far as I know they are all floating output - it is up to the user to decide where on the secondary side to earth or not earth  ,

Where problems can also arise is with interfacing to power supply  signals or controls that indicate overloads or power on and off - especially when supplies are in series, as then the signals do not share a common reference voltage.

Mike

Children
No Data